- YorkPass Homepage
Visit York ("we" or "our" or "us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (and any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you from our website www.yorkpass.com ("Website"), or that you provide to us by other means or will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Visit York.
1. Information we may collect from you
1.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service and any additional, posting material, contributions or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
2. IP addresses and cookies
2.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
2.2 For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are used to make our Website work and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our Website.
2.3 The cookies used on our Website are:
- ASP.NET_SessionId - This cookie is essential for the operation and navigation of the website. The cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz - These cookies are used by Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- dmsTPC - This cookie is used to record if a user has accepted the use of Google Analytics cookies on the Visit York website. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
2.4 Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. These links explain how you can control cookies via your browser - remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites (not just this website):
- InternetExplorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835(or http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspxfor mobile versions).
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647.
- c.Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 for mobile versions).
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies.
- Blackberry devices: http://help.blackberry.com/en/blackberry-q10/10.3.1/help/mwa1334238823957.html.
- Android: http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022.
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/.
- To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
2.6 We may embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube's privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube's embedding videos information page: http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=171780.
2.7 We may display either (or both) of the following widgets:
- Feed widgets (widgets that display a feed from our social network page). These widgets do not create a cookie.
- Sharing widgets (widgets such as Facebook Like, Twitter Share or AddThis) which enable you to share content of Visit York to your friends or followers. By default these do not create a cookie until you have clicked on the graphic or icon representing the sharing network you would like to use. By clicking the graphic or icon you consent to transmitting data to the respective social network.