- YorkPass Homepage
What is it?
York Pass is an added value sightseeing card giving you the flexibility to visit top attractions in the city and beyond! Pick a pass duration that matches your visit and simply show your York Pass at any attraction included in the guidebook to enter for free. It's sightseeing made easy!
Available as a plastic card, pdf format to print out at home. And coming soon as a mobile ticket directly to your mobile phone.
York Pass includes:
- Free entry to attractions, tours and museums including JORVIK Viking Centre, York Minster, York Dungeon, York's Chocolate Story and many more beyond York such as Castle Howard
- Free 1-Day City Sightseeing "Hop on Hop off" Bus Tour ticket to explore York and discover all of its iconic attractions
- Free guidebook packed with helpful info and maps
- Exclusive special offers also available to York Pass holders including evening entertainment, cafes & restaurants
How does it work?
York Passes are available for either 1, 2 or 3 days and for both adults and children (child pass 5 - 16). We do not offer a senior citizen pass.
One day pass is valid for a calendar day
Two day pass is valid for two consecutive calendar days
Three day pass is valid for 3 days out of 6 days from the first point of activation - giving you the opportunity to enjoy perhaps a day at the coast or visit the Dales with one of the discounted tours available as a special offer in the YorkPass guidebook.
Passes are activated upon entry at the first attraction of your visit. We always advise customers to start using their pass first thing in the morning as from then on it works on a calendar day basis, not 24 hour period.
York Pass is not a fast track pass - York is a relatively small city with the city centre attractions close together and within easy walking distance. The road train free with the pass can transport you from York Minster to the National Railway Museum.
The York Pass is also subject to a "purse value" of maximum gate prices (a total value of attraction entries) related to the number of days on your pass. For example; with a 3 day adult York Pass (online price: £65 ) you benefit from £225.00 worth of attraction entry! If you exceed your "purse value", the pass will expire. Here is a complete breakdown of purse values.
- 1 Day Adult Pass has a "purse value" of £75
- 1 Day Child Pass has a "purse value" of £50
- 2 Day Adult Pass has a "purse value" of £150
- 2 Day Child Pass has a "purse value" of £100
- 3 Day Adult Pass has a "purse value" of £225
- 3 Day child Pass has a "purse value" of £150
For more questions please see our FAQ page.
Explore and enjoy more of York using the discount vouchers in the York Pass guidebook.
Saving money on evening entertainment such as ghost walks and cinema tickets. Relax and enjoy dinner in a wide choice of restaurants, or treat yourself using the shopping offers. Want to go further afield beyond York? Hire a car or take a taxi ...York Pass gives you a discount on both options. To take advantage of these exclusive York Pass discounts simply show the York Pass guidebook at the attraction admission point or at the payment point in a shop or restaurant.
Discount Voucher Terms & Conditions:
- You must present a 2017-18 York Pass Guidebook to redeem your Discount Voucher.
- Discount Vouchers are valid for the duration of your York Pass.
- Discount Vouchers can be used until March 2018.
- Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Visit York recommends you telephone the establishment prior to visiting to check opening times.
- Visit York cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
- Discount Vouchers may be withdrawn or subject to change without notice.
- Acceptance of the Discount Voucher is strictly subject to the establishment’s own Terms and Conditions and deemed accepted on admission.