Please note: Due to the unprecedented dry spell the North Yorkshire Moors Railway (NYMR) has made the decision to totally remove steam from their timetable until further notice.
This attraction can only be visited on a 3 and 6 day York Pass.
Climb on-board a steam or heritage diesel train and experience 24 miles of Yorkshire’s amazing scenery at this must-see visitor attraction.
Explore the Railway
• Pickering Station is a must-see 1930s themed station that will transport you back in time to the steam era.
• Let off steam in the North York Moors National Park – see stunning scenery and wildlife!
• A must-see is the celebrity station, Goathland, which became Hogsmeade Station in the first Harry Potter film.
• Explore Grosmont Station which is home to the operating and engineering world of the NYMR.
• Visit Whitby with its narrow streets and bustling harbour overlooked by the striking ruins of Whitby Abbey.