Free travel on a Pickering to Whitby Return service only. NOT accepted at NYMR intermediate stations or onboard the train. York Pass to be shown at Pickering Booking Office on the day of travel to exchange for Day Tickets to use on the train. Not valid at NYMR Special Events. Not valid with any other offer and subject to availability. View the NYMR Services Timetable to help plan your visit and view the train departure times. Please allow plenty of time to park your car (Pay & Display Car Park at the station: YO18 7AJ) and collect tickets from the Booking Office on your day of visit.
This attraction can only be visited on a 3 day York Pass.
Climb on-board a steam or heritage diesel train and experience 24 miles of Yorkshire’s amazing scenery at this must-see visitor attraction.
Explore the Railway
• Pickering Station is a must-see 1930s themed station that will transport you back in time to the steam era.
• Let off steam in the North York Moors National Park – see stunning scenery and wildlife!
• A must-see is the celebrity station, Goathland, which became Hogsmeade Station in the first Harry Potter film.
• Explore Grosmont Station which is home to the operating and engineering world of the NYMR.
• Visit Whitby with its narrow streets and bustling harbour overlooked by the striking ruins of Whitby Abbey.